Thursday, February 4, 2010

A New Theme


These past few months I have filled myself to overflowing with art research!!! Website after website and figure painter after figure painter, I've been looking for ideas of meaningful work that fits my style and subject matter. I've been interested in trying to do something that had to do with my ancestors or something to do with personal identity, but I just couldn't find the outlet. But I think I may have come onto something meaningful.

I want to explore the idea of describing visually each person's infinite worth. Of all the things in this life, this is the idea that I think I have contemplated and wrestled with the most, and I think that this idea will be a time of discovery and visual understanding of a principle that each one of us so desperately needs to understand. This theme also fits well with my semi-realistic figurative portraits/figure paintings and drawings.


An idea...

I've started doing a painting of Adam's creation. We are the children of Adam, and Adam was created in the image of God. Hopefully when people view this piece they will contemplate this idea and their own parenthood and creation.



This is just in the beginning stages. I hope that it woks out how I'm visualizing it in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment