Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tribute to Vickie Wilson

Today I want to honor Vickie Wilson.

This woman has touched countless lives, including my own. She has more spunk and pizazz than anyone I have ever met, and enough optimism to make an eight year battle with illnesses (yes, plural) one that can teach all of us something about meekness, humility, faith, and trust.

I had the honor of being able to spend afternoons during the summer months painting with Vickie. She had a wonderful, accurate artistic eye, and a gift to make anyone laugh no matter how stiff or serious they might be feeling. She was free with her compliments, and always genuine in their communication. She taught me how to serve, and be served.

She loved life, and her family fiercely. No one could be more loyal. She put her heart into her home and her loved ones. Every time I visited, she always talked lovingly of her family. I am humbled by the blessing it has been to know her. Words cannot express how wonderfully happy I am that she is free at last, though we all will miss her sorely.


This is for you Vickie. I love you. I am praying for your family.


No comments:

Post a Comment